Saturday, July 7, 2007

My Oh So Relaxing Day

So, I don't have too many days when I do virtually nothing. July 4th was the closest I have come in months. I actually slept in and laid around my house until around 2 p.m. when I had to start getting ready for my big show at church that night. But, this week I had two days of relaxing. Today I did get up early and practiced on my beautiful new grand piano for about an hour, but the rest of the day was all mine. I hung out with friends, watched a movie, went swimming (oh, that was so great because the water was awesome, just perfect), was able to spend time just sitting and reading and studying my Bible and praying, got home early, and then went out with one of my brothers that I hardly ever spend time with. He asked me to go to a couple of stores with him and I found myself at the Starbucks counter in the Barnes & Noble store on the north side of town. Ordering Starbucks in my favorite store was the perfect way to end this practically perfect day. Of course, I must stop gushing for a moment to rant about something ridiculous. I ordered this huge chocolate chip cookie from Starbucks for which I paid an un-Godly sum of money, but I was thinking my satisfaction with said cookie would outweigh any pangs of guilt I might have over the amount spent acquiring it. WRONG!!!! I opened my little white paper sack with much excitement and pulled out the cookie to take a bite. My teeth clamped downed and "CRUNCH!" I was eating a rock with chocolate morsels in it. I couldn't believe it! Cookies are supposed to be soft and melt in your mouth and if you are paying a ridiculous sum of money for them, they better be that way. But NO, this one was like a giant Chips Ahoy crunchy cookie. Bleck!!! I couldn't believe my luck. Fortunately there was a good deal of chocolate and that made everything bearable, but I will never again make the mistake of ordering cookies from Starbucks. Anyhooo, my day was great and I am so glad I had it. It's nice to take time and just sit back and relax, especially after a long haul of performances and rehearsals. This weekend has been nice and I am hoping it will remain that way until Monday morning when I have to once again face the horrible reality of work and daily life.

No comments: