Friday, July 27, 2007

Update

It is amazing how your life can change from one day to the next. Yesterday I was really busy with a full schedule in front of me and numerous plans for the rest of the weekend. I was in a car accident in the late morning and everything changed. All my plans went completely out the window. I am now very limited on what I can do because my knee was injured and the doctor's orders were to stay off of it. Oh sheesh! I hate, hate, hate being restrained. Also, I now am a needy person, which I also hate. I am so independent that telling me I need to rely on other people to get things for me or take care of me is quite possible a fate worse than death. But, here I am, staying off my leg so my knee can heal and having to ask people to help me do things. I guess there are worse things though. I am extremely thankful that there weren't any serious outcomes from the accident. All the passengers were banged up and a bit bruised but there were no serious injuries. I'm also thankful for all the support my friends and family gave me. My sister drove to the scene of the accident to bring me some pain meds because my knee was hurting pretty bad. I received numerous phone calls from people wanting to know if we were alright and telling us to call if we needed anything. It was an unpleasant ordeal but it was good to know how much people cared about us. Today I did a lot of relaxing and staying off my feet. It was actually hard for me, but I have managed thus far. This weekend I hope to relax and be able to go back to work Monday with little trouble. So, that's my update on me for now. I'll try to write more later.

No comments: