Monday, July 16, 2007

Monday

Well, it's Monday and the beginning of a new week. YEAH!!! I've been trying to post all weekend but my computer has refused to let me, sorry. My weekend was great. I got to relax, see an old friend, and spend some much needed time with my church family. It's amazing to me how easy it is to forget how much God's Word means to me and how much it helps with whatever is going on in my life. I was listening to some messages this weekend from a preacher I haven't heard in a long time and I was reminded of so many things. Things I had forgotten, Scriptures I hadn't read in years, principles that I have know for some time but have never really practiced. It was great to remember and to start putting those things to use. The Bible talks about there being two parts to every person - the spirit and the flesh or physical body. These two parts are in opposition to each other and constantly fight to gain the upper hand over each other. So there is a constant struggle on the inside of everyone over doing right and wrong. As a Christian, my spirit has been reborn and I now have power through Christ to let my spirit have the ultimate say so in whatever I do and to bring my flesh under control. Sometimes, though, I forget that or choose to let my flesh rule things and I my spirit man becomes very weak. When I go back to the Bible and start reading and saying Scriptures to myself, my spirit man is revived and it's like a breath of fresh air. My flesh may not like my praying and spending time with God, but my spirit LOVES it, and I always feel so much better when I make the choice to build my spirit man as opposed to letting my flesh run wild.
Hmm. I wasn't planning on writing any of that, but there it is. This week should be a good week. I am so much more optimistic than last week and I am finally starting to see things take shape in my life. I have the skeleton of a plan for school this fall, I am starting to make plans for future in graduate school and I only have about three weeks until I go on vacation (my first in 2 years!). I still have a lot of work to do and there are still many decisions to make, but I am finally satisfied that the boll is rolling sufficiently enough to have some confidence that things will get under way and follow a pretty good course. Did that make sense? I'm not sure, but oh well. ;) Anyhoo, life is good, God is GREAT, and I am so glad I am alive and so thankful for how blessed I truly am.
If my computer allows me I will post more later. There are still some things I want to post on, but who knows if it will actually happen. Guess I'll wait and see.

No comments: