Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Catching Up

I know it's been almost a week since I last posted. I'm sorry. My life has been so crazy! School started and that means I now have homework to do as well as a hectic performance and rehearsal schedule. This weekend I was super busy. Highlights: I went to a makeup party Sunday night for a friend's birthday and OMG, now I am absolutely POSITIVE I am not a girly-girl. I was dying the almost three hours I was there. There were probably thirty women in one house and most of them were over 30. They were some of the silliest women I have ever been around. It was truly a "hen party". At the end there was some relief when a woman who was really funny started clowning around with a couple of wigs. She was hilarious and made the last 30 minutes a total blast. I was laughing non-stop. But, of course, she wasn't a part of the really giggly, silly stuff that the other women seemed to find so entertaining, so, she was definitely more my type of woman. I then went home and watched the best movie I have seen all year, "The Ultimate Gift". It was such a good movie I would see it again. It made me cry! No, I wasn't bawling, but I was teary-eyed. Of course some of that might have been due to the fact that I was missing someone horribly and desperately wanted to be with him. Monday, was another interesting day. I got up rather early and made myself get dressed up so my sister could shoot pictures of me. She said she needed more images for her photography business and I said I would help her. So, after a shower, too much time picking out something to wear, putting on a mask of make-up, and fighting with my mane of hair to get it looking descently, we embarked on our quest: looking for a good place to take pictures. After three different places and traveling across town we succeeded in getting a few. Her words: I got a couple of good ones. Sheesh!!!! What I do for family! Anyway, the rest of the day was spent in various trips to the store, doing some homework, and spending way too much money. At night I went for a girls night out with my friends and we saw "Becoming Jane", which I absolutely loved. It was sad but it was so good. Afterwards we went over to a friends house and hung out for a little while. It was nice to have down time with my friends. So, today I am a little tired and will be busy once again, but that seems to be my life's course, so I am fine with it. Well, it didn't take too long to catch up and maybe this week I can stay more current (fingers crossed).

No comments: