Thursday, September 6, 2007

A Period Conversation

I know I already posted for the day but that desire to rant returned and I can't resist the urge. Warning: if you are a man and grow squeamish at the discussion of female issues you should read no further. Ok, my rant - I hate, hate, HATE the first day of a menstrual period. Not that the following six days are great, but the first day is usually hell on earth. I hate that you are ravenously hungry for that one day and then for the rest of your period the sight of food is nauseating. I hate that, if you're like me, a nice migraine begins to form and before you know it the world around you is spinning, your head is pounding, and all that food you have eaten suddenly begins to creep back up your esophagus. I hate that your hormones decide to express themselves with a horrible breakout of the worst acne you've seen in, well, a month. I hate that you are excessively tired, which makes functioning normally a very difficult thing to do. I hate that waves of emotions seem to wash over you like tides on the beach and at any given moment you feel that your life is completely out of sorts, everything is a gigantic insurmountable problem, and you just want to sit down and cry. I hate the horrible aching that grips your pelvis and the terrible cramps that feel like someone is inside you scraping your insides out. I hate the general gross feeling that comes over you. I especially hate those days when you have to take medication just to keep functioning Let's see, is there anything else I can complain about? I think the above list will suffice for now. No, it's not always that bad the first day, but it is never great either. It is the one day of every month that I dread and I'm just glad I have another month before I have to deal with it again.
To those who just read this and wished they hadn't, sorry. To those I snapped at, ignored, or was moody with today, I'm sorry. I promise to be better tomorrow.

1 comment:

Jacqueline said...

let's not forget the bleeding. I REALLY hate that.