Saturday, September 15, 2007

Men!!!!!!

Before I begin my rant that is building up on the inside of me and about to explode in a volley of words, I would like to say that my weekend has been great. God has been so good to me and has been helping me and blessing me just when I need Him most. To be very open, I am having a hard time with some things, but God is such a comfort. He has given me such peace, such joy, and an ability to trust Him that is not my own. It seems this weekend that God is everywhere, talking to me in everything I experience and everywhere I go. He has sent people along my path to encourage me and give me solace and He has filled me with new hope, new joy, and new strength to carry on. Now, to let that rant out. The subject - men, of course. I have a friend who is in a semi-relationship with this guy and he won't commit. He uses her to make himself feel better, but he won't take her seriously as a partner. He basically wants a friend but with benefits. AHGH!!! I hate that. Either you are friends or you are lovers. The friends with benefits category doesn't exist, especially when the woman has told you she really cares for you and you don't really have those same feelings for her. Why can't men just walk away? Leave the girl alone. Don't lead her on and try to get as much out of her as you can without really giving anything of yourself. Either commit to the relationship or walk away from it. What is even more baffling to me is that women have anything to do with guys like this. They know that the man is not interested in a serious relationship and yet they let him take advantage of them. What are they thinking???? Perhaps they figure if they hang around long enough the guy will change his mind and decide to commit to them. That, however, is not likely. I am of the opinion that men don't usually want what they don't have to work for. If they know a girl is crazy about them they will take all the time in the world to make a decision about her because they know she is a safe bet for later, but let them think they may lose her and they are quick to do something about it. That is, of course, if they really want her. But that is another trail to follow some other time. I won't start on that topic. I just get so mad when I think of the time and effort and care that a woman put into a man and then he treats her like she isn't worth his full attention or his commitment to her. To want "a friend with benefits" is telling some woman that she isn't worth anything to you except when you can't get anyone else to sleep with you and then you will come looking for her knowing she will give you a free ride with no strings attached. That is so despicable. It makes my stomach turn. Women, please, for the love of your own self-respect and self-worth, don't let any guy ever treat you that way. If he wants to be just friends, great, be just friends. He should have none of the rights or privileges of someone who has committed to a romantic relationship with you. Don't even give him the satisfaction of taking care of him. He doesn't deserve it. Either he will treat you with respect as a friend or commit to you as something more, but never let the line between the two be blurred. In the end you will end up the loser in every area.