Sunday, September 9, 2007

Praise Through A Hard Time

It's been a hard weekend of sorts. My world has changed so drastically in the last three days that I hardly know which end is up and what to even think at times. My head has felt like it is spinning from all the changes and various goings on and by body feel like a wrung out rag from all the mental and emotional stress. But, God is still so good to me and I want to thank Him and praise Him for all the blessings He has bestowed on me, the wonderful and amazing things He has and is doing, and I am looking forward to the fulfillment of all the promises He has made. I was praying this evening and telling the Lord how I felt about the various things happening in my life right now and He reminded me of a passage of Scripture I hadn't read in quite a while. I looked it up and decided I would post it because it fits so well with my current mindset.
Even though the fig trees have no blossoms,
and there are no grapes on the vines;
even though the olive crop fails,
and the fields lie empty and barren;
even though the flocks die in the fields,
and the cattle barns are empty,
yet I will rejoice in the Lord!
I will be joyful in the God of my salvation!
The Sovereign Lord is my strength!
He makes me as surefooted as a deer,
able to tread upon the heights. Habakkuk 3:17-19

My paraphrase:
Though my heart is aching with pain,
and my pillow is wet with tears;
Though my body quakes with sobs,
and my eyes hurt from crying;
Though my dreams lie shattered around me
and my hopes are badly crushed;
Though it seems my faith has failed me,
and my God has left me destitute;
Though the promise seems unfulfilled,
and the answer but a phantom;
Yet I will rejoice in the Lord!
I will worship the God Who is truly great!
He alone is my strength, my comfort;
and He restores my soul,
Giving new life where there was death,
renewing my strength when I am weak,
Giving comfort when sorrows abound,
drying my tears and increasing my faith.

I sang in a song in church today and it was such a comfort. The words to the chorus where much needed: "Leaning, leaning, safe and secure from all alarm. Leaning, leaning, leaning on the everlasting arms."
Jesus, help me lean on You so that I might be truly safe as I trust You to perform Your will.

No comments: