Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Gushing!!!!!

Sigh! I have been having such a good time today I hardly know what to say or even do. What's even more interesting about it is that I was afraid the day was going to be a bit of a disaster, and it definitely had its more hazardous moments, but God is soooooo good and everything has turned out well. You know, it's amazing how when you feel like you need God the most and you just can't go one single moment more without Him, He comes in the strongest and gives you such wonderful ability to go on, and not only to keep moving forward but the ability to do it with joy. I have lived the Scripture "The joy of the Lord is your strength" more times than I can count and each time it gets sweeter and better to experience. It's the times when God feels the furthest away, when your dreams are most unreachable, when your world is falling apart the most that God is actually the closest, working all things for your good, building you a new world that is far better than anything you can imagine. His ways are surely not my ways and are so much higher than mine, and I am so thankful. I'm even more thankful that He lets me live out His plans for me, His awesome-beyond-belief plans, even when I screw up so bad and make more of a mess than is humanly possible to fix. I just love that He keeps working on me, never giving up, never settling or letting me settle for second-best, but always striving for His perfection. I love that as I trust Him more He gives me more faith to believe His Word and His promises and that makes me eligible to receive more blessings from Him and the fulfillment of all the dreams He has birthed in me that take faith to bring into existence. Ok, I'm gushing now. Sorry. I just so love being in love with Jesus. I've experienced being in love with a man, and it's a great feeling, but it is nothing compared to having a love relationship with Jesus. He never leaves, never has to second-guess His feelings for you, never disappoints you, always helps you and encourages you and helps you grow into the person God intended you to be. I don't know how to say it any other way; I'm just totally in love with Him and so, so, so grateful to Him in with me all the time. I wouldn't trade Him for anything in this world, and I wouldn't trade what He has for my life for any other plan or idea of living out there. Nothing compares to my Saviour and the life I have with Him.
I'm going to post some music. Some of it is really old songs from my childhood, but they are good songs and I'm feeling nostalgic, so here they are.
Well, this one didn't sound like this when I was a kid, but it's still good.


Classic!!!!!!

Just a good song.

No comments: