Wednesday, September 19, 2007

My Savior's Embrace

Summary: In the past few days I have been attacked by my closet suffering injuries that were minor but painful, spent time with my nephew who is absolutely the cutest things on the face of the planet, cleaned out my storage unit and part of my closet which opened my eyes to how much junk I had laying around (it was bad!!!), helped decorate my church for the coming fall season, and been completely and totally overwhelmed by the grace and love of my Savior. There's been more, but that about sums it up.

Reflection: I am in love with someone for the first time in my life and, unfortunately, I can't be with him. This is hard, very hard to deal with. There are days when I wonder how I am going to get through the whole day, there are times when the feelings are so overwhelming I can't do anything but lay down and cry. I want to be near him, to hold him, to have his arms around me making me feel so secure and so loved. I want to hear his voice, feel him next to me, and know he's mine His embrace is not possible right now, but I have found some relief. The arms of my Savior hold me when I can't go on, embrace me when the hurt is so bad it seems it will never stop. When I don't know what to pray or the pain is so great I can't speak I can lean back on Him, letting His love surround me, heal me, fill me with hope and, yes, even joy. His arms are so strong and loving that nothing can pull me from them and nothing can harm me when I am resting in them. The Bible calls Jesus the lover of your soul and God your husband. His love is true, never failing, always available, and His embrace is what satisfies me, even when I long for the arms of another. Only Jesus can fill the voids, the longings, the desires that well up from deep within me and threaten to overwhelm me. He always gives me beauty for ashes and the oil of joy for mourning and I love Him so much.

No comments: