Sunday, September 30, 2007

This Weekend

WOW! God is so awesome! My weekend was incredible. All three days were pretty great, but Saturday night and Sunday morning were the best parts of it all. Saturday night I had a performance for which I had to drive out of town to go to. It was the first traveling I've had to do in a while, so that in and of itself was pretty nice. Once there, the event went really well. There were a lot of military personnel at this event including several generals and high profile officers. It was so much fun to talk to several active duty soldiers and then to meet the different generals. The most striking thing about every single one of them was their humility. Here were men who have a great deal of power and authority and yet they were very cognizant of those around them and did not exude an attitude of superiority but rather one of commonality. As I shook one man's hand, he told me what an honor it was to have me there that night and to hear me sing and all I could think was what and honor and a privilege it was to perform for him. The whole evening was just incredible. There were so many things that happened that I wouldn't be able to post them all here but it was truly one of the most memorable events of my life. Then, Sunday morning I had the most wonderful time in church. We were having communion so all the music we sang was on the subject of the death of Jesus and His sufferings. As I sang of what Jesus did for me and what it meant in my life I was overcome with a powerful sense of the love of God for me. It was so overwhelming to realize the length, depth, and height of that love, and even then I didn't know all there was to know about how much the Lord loves me. Because of His love for me my heart was filled with love for Him and the determination to serve Him, always watching and waiting at the foot of the cross to hear His next command, to receive His next direction. The whole service was great. The presence of God was so strong and the opportunity to be there and to remember what Jesus did for me and how it has and will affect my life was more than what my weary soul needed to find relief. When all was said and done this weekend I was left with a strong sense of gratitude for my Lord, hope that He is more than able to keep that which we have committed to His trust, love for Him and the call that He has placed on my life, and determination to serve Him, no matter what the cost, all the days of my life.

No comments: