Saturday, March 24, 2007

Feeling Better

I've been under the weather for the past few days. To tell you the truth I couldn't really tell you what exactly made me so sick. I think it was a combination of things: a cold, irritation in my lungs, lack of sleep, female issues, too many worries and un corazon destrozado. I decided yesterday that the cause of my problem was more mental/emotional than anything else and determined to do something about it. So, I treaed my cold, made myself get some sleep, and did a little attitude adjustment and I think I am finally recovering. Today is much better than yesterday was and I fell much better. Something that really helped was rehearsal, oddly enough. We were rehearsing Easter music and that meant we were singing about the death, burial, and resurrection of Jesus. I was reminded of how much Jesus gave up to save me and show His love for me, and that He rose from the dead to give me the power to live the life that God intended me to live - a life that is the best you could ever ask for, not lacking in any way, successful in every area, living every day to the fullest, and always being full of the joy of the Lord. I know I've said it here numerous times, but it gives me such peace, such a sense of anticipation that God has everything I need and desire and He wants to give them to me, and He will! When I become worried or depressed that I don't have the things I need or desire it means I've lost sight of my Savior and when I adjust my focus I find that I can leave all the dark, gloomy thoughts behind and actually be free and happy and say just like Paul, "I have learned in whatsoever circumstance I am in, therewith to be content." And let me tell you, resting and relaxing in the arms of Jesus, releasing all my cares on Him, is a much better place to be than being frought with worries, fears, and uncertainites about tomorrow.

*About Me* Someone asked me to post some pictures of me in high school, so, against my better judgment, I am doing so. Please be kind and don't use any of these for blackmail later in life. Oh, and I hope they aren't too scary!
This is me at a fashion show that my friends and I put on. The picture below is of the group of us that were involved. I'm not sure what we were thinking, but, it was fun while it lasted.



This is typical me in high school. I swear I went to school like this, and no, I don't know what I was thinking. Crazy!


This is me camping with some friends. Believe it or not, I actually went in public like this!


This is me at the famous Tucson Rodeo not wanting my picture taken. I think I am 15 in this picture.


Me and a friend at Thanksgiving. I was 16, and yes, my nails are painted black and white. They were originally black and my mom asked me to change them so I added the white.


I am holding my hand in total horror in this picture because my friend has just grabbed it and kissed it. She was a total nut, and I never quite knew what to do with her. Her favorite name for me: beautiful.


This is me with two of my sisters, a cousin, and my grandmother.

No comments: