Monday, March 12, 2007

Monday

It's Monday. I had to drag my sorry self out of bed this morning and actually get dressed. Of course then I promptly returned to bed for at least another 15 or 20 minutes before I decided I really should get up and leave for work. So I have been up now for almost 2 hours and I still feel like I could go to sleep. The funny thing is I slept a whole lot this weekend and I'm still tired. What's with that? Oh well. My weekend was really good. I got to hang out with my friends last night and something happened around 8 p.m. because we all got super silly. We were acting so crazy. Just to give you an idea - we were singing Weird Al songs and then making up our own bazaar songs. Ya, it sounds completely ridiculous and it was, but it was so much fun. I'm sure any onlooker would have thought several of us were intoxicated but, no, we didn't need any alcohol to play the fool; just being ourselves. You know, it's funny. I've never been drunk or had any alcohol at all and I've never wanted to and I have some friends who don't understand this. I've heard them say that it relaxes you, it gives you a buzz, it lets you have fun, and I'm sure that is all true; but my own experience has been that all I need to have a "high" or a "buzz" or have a good time - even being just plain silly or stupid - is a group of friends that I can relax around and just be me. I've never needed anything to help me have a good time with my friends. Just being with them is usually more than enough to get me going, and believe me that can get very interesting. I can easily pass for drunk without ever having a drop of anything to drink. Scary? Oh ya. But definitely a good time. So, for all those who spent the weekend partying because it's spring break this week - go for it; but I'll keep my sobriety and still have a good time and not have to deal with any after effects the next morning. Am I better than you? Nah, I just feel better than you. LOL!!!! Just kidding.
Ok, so I'm not sure where all that came from but it works for now. I guess that's my post for the day!

*About Me* Little known fact: I actually had etiquette lessons as a child. I was Emily Posted from age 7 until about age 9. I had lessons on manners at mealtimes - including how to sit, how to eat soup, how to order at a restaurant, etc. -, getting on and off elevators, getting in and out of cars, entering buildings with men and women, sitting properly in a dress, on and on. It's kinda strange that someone from Arizona would have this type of training seeing as pretty much no one out here uses it, but one of my babysitters was from Boston and she decided it was something we needed to know. So, thank you, Kathleen for the info. It does pay off in certain situations, and the rest of the time it just adds to the curiosity that is my persona.

No comments: