Thursday, March 15, 2007

A Good Day

Today was and still is a good day. I enjoyed so many things about this day. I think my favorite was playing in the water with my nephew and a couple of the girls at the school where I work. We were watering plants with a hose and before we knew it we were watering each other as well. So I had no shoes on, my feet and legs were covered in mud, my clothes were wet and I was having the best time. My nephew was, of course, thrilled to be totally covered in mud and pretty close to soaked. The girls were shrieking first because they sprayed me with the hose and second because I was spraying them. It was fun. I hadn't done anything like that in a while. Now I'm wishing it was summer and I could do that every day. Soon enough though. Anyway, there were other things that were good about this day but no need to post them here. Mainly, I am just enjoying life and where I am at. There are hard times and rough things to go through, but there are also all the good times and the great experiences that make life worth living. There is beauty to be found in the darkness of a night, but the best part is that there is always a sunrise to watch the next morning.

*About Me* I love learning about and experiencing different cultures. This is most likely a result of two things. First, my mom has traveled the world quite extensively and brought back various things from around the world. So, I grew up with several artifacts from different countries that all had a story to go with them about a people and culture different from mine. Secondly, my family had many exchange students stay with us when I was in junior high and high school. We had students from Mainland China, Taiwan, Japan, and Central Africa. These students taught me a lot about how perspectives of life and living can change depending on how and where you grew up. These experiences with cultures other than my own sparked a curiosity in me and a fascination for things foreign to me. That part of my upbringing I wouldn't change for the world.

No comments: