Tuesday, March 6, 2007

Oh the Silliness!!!!

We all know that girls can be silly. Now imagine five girls sitting around a kitchen table eating cookies and just laughing it up. That was the scene at my house last night. When everyone got home we had all had a long hard day and we were all tired which only made the situation more interesting. The silliness really began when we started swapping stories about the day and the general craziness that occurs in college classrooms, the workplace, and just everyday life. My youngest sister was trying so desperately to tell her stories but she was laughing so hard she could hardly get through them. Of course the silly interjections didn't help her out either and she finally had to stop in a fit of laughter, almost unable to breathe she was laughing so hard. Then there was the exchange between two of my older sisters that had all of us rolling.
Sister 1: OK, the chair in the living room was fixed today and you can now sit in it, but NO MORE sleeping in it. Does everyone understand?
Sister 2: Sleep in it? Who does that?
Sister 1 (totally incredulous): WHAT?!! What do you mean who does that? You are one of the main ones who does.
Sister 2 (completely confused): Me? No I don't.
Sister 1: Yes you do. You are always getting up in the middle of the night and moving out here and falling asleep in the chair.
Sister 2 (sounding relieved): Oh, you can't hold me accountable for that. I don't know what I'm doing.
Sister 1: What?! How can you say that?
By this point the conversation couldn't continue because we were all laughing so hard no one was taking anyone seriously anymore. In fact, there was very little conversation going on at all; just a few words would get out before another round of laughter would interrupt whoever was attempting to speak. I was laughing so hard my sides hurt. It was so ridiculous but it was so much fun. That is definitely something worth coming home to.

*About Me* It might surprise some of you to know that I was a very quiet person in junior high and high school. I had opinions and criticisms but I rarely voiced them in public. Most people didn't know I existed in a room. I was the quiet, intelligent type who wasn't very popular and didn't care to be. I got along mostly with guys (mostly because I thought most of the girls were ditsy) and I was not afraid to take anyone on - intellectually, physically or otherwise. I was not loud and in-your-face but most people knew not to mess with me. (Sheesh! I don't sound like a very nice kid!)

No comments: