Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Rambling

WARNING! Rambling ahead. I am doing something I rarely ever do - I am sitting down to write this with absolutely no idea of what I want to write. The last couple days have been very interesting but I don't really want to blog about them. Oddly enough they have been almost too interesting to attempt to put them in a single post. I think my favorite thing this week has been my fridge. Maybe because it took so much effort to get it to work and I'm just proud of myself for doing it (I know I'm a dork; that's why you read this!) or maybe it's because I like the thrill of actually seeing that someone stopped and left me a message (yep, I'm corny too!). Anyhoo, whatever the case may be the fridge has certainly been my favorite object this week. The most interesting thing that has happened to me in the past few days was a customer at work bringing me a card with a gift card in it. It was so great! It made my day that day and now I get free coffee, which if any of you really know me you know I cannot and should not be without at least a cup every day so this was definitely a good thing. You know, I say definitely way too much. Rain man certainly had an impact on my young life! There has to be another word out there that is just as pertinent that I can use. Hmmm. Oh, btw, if any of you noticed the message that was on my fridge earlier today you now know that I was telling the truth. Mr. Darcy lives and breathes as I type this post. You know, that's kinda scary. Since now I know he really exists what happens to him? Does he live out his novel character or is he rebellious and make his own way? Does he overcome his horrible pride or is he swallowed up by it with no hope of recovery? I think a better question is can the world still produce an Elizabeth that can set him straight? For all my love of my sex and my insistence on being a perfect woman, I know of no such woman who could handle this particular creature. I don't wish to say he is beyond hope, but definitely a challenge (there's that word again!!!!) and a huge one at that. Oh well, it's a good thing I don't have to worry about it, but it will be entertaining to watch. So, Mr. Darcy, if you are reading this, I hope you find your Elizabeth some day and please express my utmost condolences to her as well as all my wishes for her luck in succeeding with you! Now where was I before I got side-tracked on Darcy? Oh ya, my lack of vocabulary. Well, sad to say I don't think there is much hope of improving that any time soon, but at least I know my grammar hasn't ran out and is still pretty good even when I run out of things to say. (Sorry, it's still fresh and I just couldn't resist!) Oh, and that reminds me, before anyone tells me I misspelled the quote from my sidebar, shewed is the right spelling. It's just old English. Ok, I think I better stop rambling, this is getting a bit ridiculous and scary, at least for me. If I keep this up there's no telling what will show up on this blog and then in the morning I will be forced to delete things that I probably never should have posted. Oh well. I try. What else can I say?

*About Me* I started writing when I was very young. I loved reading because I could escape reality and live in someone else's at least for a short while. Writing was even better though because it let me create the reality I wanted to escape to. Also, I found I could express through my writing what I couldn't say. My freshman year of high school my vice-principal started really encouraging me to develop my writing and I found that I actually could write and do it well. Fiction was a little hard for me - I could tell a story well, but the patience to write it all down before if left my brain was a bit tough. Poetry came very easily and it proved to be my greatest outlet for expressing all the things I went through in high school. Academic writing was also relatively enjoyable for me. There really isn't any type of writing I don't enjoy as long as I can put some of myself into what I am writing. If I can make it my own and not some facsimile of someone else's work then I am perfectly happy. So now you know at least a little about why I blog. I love the writing of it!!!!

No comments: