Wednesday, March 7, 2007

My Life and God

Sometimes this crazy life can throw us all for a loop. Things don't work out the way we planned them, or they do work out that way and we are very unhappy with our success. Relationships form that we think will last forever and then suddenly they are broken. Friends are found in unexpected places and bring something to your life that you never knew you were missing. Life can change from great to terrible in three seconds, or from depressing to wonderful in a moment. To be very honest, I'm never really sure where this life is taking me or what will happen from one day to the next. Now, for my melancholy, planning mind that can drive me nuts. I can feel like things are out of control or that if I don't know what is going to happen and exactly when it is going to happen that means that it will end up horribly. However, I am learning that I can also choose to just relax and let God take me wherever it is He wants to and realize that I don't have to always know what is going on or how things will work out. Believe me, it is very hard - sometimes excruciatingly so - for me to hand the reins over to someone else and let them make the decisions on what will happen. It's not that I'm a control freak, I'm just not confident that I am safe in anyone's hands but my own. Of course, I know that being in God's hands is the best place to be, but living that and actually trusting Him to direct my life and take care of me and all my wants and needs are two different things. So, I'm trying to learn how to really "commit my way to the Lord", trusting Him to take care of everything. I can say that when it comes to important decisions in my life I am not used to trusting God to take care of everything. I usually spend my time trying to ensure things go the way I think they should or want them to. Now I want to learn how to relax, let go of the reins, and let God direct me where He will, knowing that He will only do what is best for me and if I follow His plan for my life then it will be the best life I could ask for on this earth. Jeremiah 29:11 says: "For I know the plans that I have for you," declares the Lord, "Plans for welfare and not for calamity; to give you a future and a hope." It also says in Ephesians 3:20:(He) Who, by (in consequence of) the [action of His] power that is at work within us, is able to [carry out His purpose and] do superabundantly, far over and above all that we [dare] ask or think [infinitely beyond our highest prayers, desires, thoughts, hopes, or dreams]--. I know God can run my life far better than I can and I want to actually live it, no holds barred, in every area, waiting to see where He will take me and how amazing both the journey and the outcome will be. So, here's me taking a deep breath and plunging into trusting God to lead me and guide me in the right way, not knowing how it will end up but trusting Him to make everything right.
"Trust God from the bottom of your heart;
don't try to figure out everything on your own.
Listen for God's voice in everything you do, everywhere you go;
he's the one who will keep you on track.
Don't assume that you know it all." Proverbs 3:5,6 (the Message)
"Trust in the LORD with all your heart
And do not lean on your own understanding.
In all your ways acknowledge Him,
And He will make your paths straight. Prov. 3:5,6 (New American Standard Bible)
"Casting the whole of your care [all your anxieties, all your worries, all your concerns, once and for all] on Him, for He cares for you affectionately and cares about you watchfully." I Peter 5:7 (Amplified)

*About Me* Missed memories: My friends who have known me from grade school through high school (you know you girls are missed). My dad actually being my dad. My grandfather and being on the farm in Texas. Being a kid and having no responsibility (lol), and being home with my mom and my brothers and sisters.

No comments: