Saturday, March 10, 2007

A Thought

This post won't be long. I just wanted to say that today I was reminded of just how amazing God is and how He will always come through for us when we obey Him. Growing up I heard all the stories about Moses and the Red Sea, Joshua and the battle of Jericho, Daniel in the lion's den, Jonah and the whale, etc. I always thought, wow that's so amazing; I wish I could see something like that today. The thing is, I can. The Bible says that God is the same yesterday, today and forever. What He did in the Bible He is just as capable of doing today. The amazing fulfillments of promises and provisions made by Him can still happen. What's even more amazing is that they can happen in my life. God can still do great things and He can do them for me. I have experienced God doing some amazing things for me, but sometimes you can forget everything that God has done and then you start to lose sight of Him and what is really important in life. You can become so focused on what you want or what you don't have and forget what a mighty God He is. So, today I was reminded that He is still: "A friend to the friendless, a father to the fatherless, a mother to the motherless, the Rose of Sharon, the Bright and Morning Star, my lawyer in the judgment, the Great Physician, the One Who will help me cross Jordan." "He's more wonderful than my mind can conceive, He's more wonderful than my heart can believe. He goes beyond my highest hopes and fondest dreams. He's everything that my soul ever longed for, everything He promised and so much more. More than amazing, more than marvelous, more than miraculous could ever be. He's more than wonderful. That's what Jesus is to me"

No comments: